EP 185: Books That Changed How I Live My Life (from the archives)
How is your summer going? Are you enjoying the Summer of Intentionality? I hope so.
I have heard from some folks that they love having a framework to make the season special even when they have a full time non-academic job. Knowing how you want to spend your time on the longer days gives them a purpose and that feels good.
If you haven’t started yours yet, it isn’t too late! Modify the SOI and make it yours. Maybe make a short book list, a couple of can’t miss food items and a friend Friday list and get those things booked into your schedule.
In this week’s podcast I am re-sharing my list of books that changed how I live my life. I hope you will give it a listen and share with me what you want to read this summer.
- Becoming Heroines: Unleashing Our Power for Revolution and Rebirth by Elizabeth Cronise McLaughlin
- Self-Compassion by Kristin Neff, Ph.D.
- Set Boundaries, Find Peace by Nedra Tawwab
- Afro Minimalist Guide to Living with Less by Christine Platt
- How to Be an Adult by Julie Lythcott Haynes
- How to Break Up with Your Phone by Christine Price
- Laziness Does Not Exist by Devon Price
- What Happened To You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Bruce D. Perry & Oprah Winfrey
- The Deepest Well: Healing the Long-Term Effects of Childhood Adversity by Nadine Burke Harris
- The Addiction Inoculation: Raising Healthy Kids in a Culture of Dependence by Jessica Lahey
- The Lightmaker's Manifesto: How to Work for Change without Losing Your Joy by Karen Walrond
- The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose
It’s never too late to start your year. This is how we plan ours...
Enter your name below, and I'll send you my short video series (totally free!) to support you on your self-care journey right away!